The imperfect tense of Estar is relatively straight forward to learn as long as you know how the past tense called the imperfect is formed in the regular conjugation for -ar verbs.
Most tenses for Estar are VERY irregular, unlike the imperfect ESTAR, and mastering them can be quite difficult but this can be made a great deal easier, not to mention far more enjoyable, by simply using a verb training tool like the Verbarrator.
Check out the tab at the top of this page for more information…. but in the meantime…
Estar Imperfect Conjugation
- 1st person singular (yo) estaba I was being
- 2nd person singular (tú) estabas you were being
- 3rd person singular (él/ella/usted) estaba he/she was being and, you were being
- 1st person plural (nosotros/as) estábamos we were being
- 2nd person plural (vosotros/as) estabais you were being
- 3rd person plural (ellos/ellas/ustedes) estaban they/you were being