Estar present tense conjugation is one of those tenses that is extremely important to know well as it is used not only as a verb in it’s own right but as an auxiliary for every verb in the present progressive tense also.
Unfortunately, there is only one way to master estar present tense and that is with regular practice and plenty of use.
Fortunately, because of the number of times that you will be forced to use the present tense and, on a less frequent basis, the present progressive it is quickly remembered.
Estar Present Tense Conjugation
(Irregular forms are in red.)
- 1st person singular (yo) estoy I am
- 2nd person singular (tú) estás you are
- 3rd person singular (él/ella/usted) está he/she is and, you are
- 1st person plural (nosotros/as) estamos we are
- 2nd person plural (vosotros/as) estáís you are
- 3rd person plural (ellos/ellas/ustedes) están they/you are