The preterite form of estar is an irregular formation which is important to learn, and learn well, as it will be used frequently right from the start of your studies.
Estar Preterite Conjugation
- 1st person singular (yo) estuve I was
- 2nd person singular (tú) estuviste you were
- 3rd person singular (él/ella/usted) estuvo he/she was and, you were
- 1st person plural (nosotros/as) estuvimos we were
- 2nd person plural (vosotros/as) estuvisteis you were
- 3rd person plural (ellos/ellas/ustedes) estuvieron they/you were