There is only really one way to learn tener preterite and that is to memorize it, although this process can be made far easier by using a verb training tool, one such tool is the Verbarrator … check it out!
Tener Preterite Conjugation
- 1st person singular (yo) tuve – I had
- 2nd person singular (tú) tuviste – you had
- 3rd person singular (él/ella/usted) tuvo – he/she and you had
- 1st person plural (nosotros/as) tuvimos – we had
- 2nd person plural (vosotros/as) tuvisteis – you had
- 3rd person plural (ellos/ellas/ustedes) tuvieron – they/you had